Wednesday, February 24, 2016

Task 1:

Pick one/two relevant jobs for yourself from each website.
Here are three good websites that you can scan: Job BankMonster.caand Charity Village

Task 2:

Summarize the three main job duties for each ad, and the main requirements as well.

Human Resources Administrator

Human Resources Assistant

Human Resources Officer 

I think the main requirements for those jobs are:

·         Identify current and prospective staffing requirements,
·         Prepare and post notices and advertisements,
·         Collect and screen applicants,
·         Advise job applicants on employment requirements and terms and conditions of employment,
·         Review candidate inventories,



Task 3:

Check this link, and write down at least five new ideas that you learned from it. 
Pick your peers' brains for their ideas, and add more to yours.

You should send a thank you note after a job interview. 
References can make a big difference in getting hired.
You don’t need to include all your experience on your resume.
It’s acceptable to apply for the same job more than once.
You should also target your resume to the job.


Task 4:

Another excellent career site is here. Click on it and plan your career accordingly.
Then, assess your abilities through this website. After you have done, please write down a short summary about your future plan based on the information and date you have learned today. 

I was reading the duties of some human resources positions and I think that I need to rewrite my resume filling with key-words and specific words that I didn't know about my field. There are a lot of Human Resources positions that is perfect for me. I am really excited about my profession in Canada, I think I can grow up quickly if I improve my speaking skills. 

Actually, my plan is start as a Human Resources Assistant to know if I really want to continue in this profession. Maybe, I won’t like the duties and I will want to change my career.  Sometimes I think to be a Clinical Psychologist, but I am not sure about that because I will have to go back to university to do a PhD.  It’s possible, but I need to be sure. 

No comments:

Post a Comment